[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] Strange DVB/DVD scaling problem

Damon Searle djsearle at netspace.net.au
Sun Nov 23 02:00:40 EST 2003

	I've just set up a new Myth frontend with slightly different specs to my
main box, however I'm getting a strange scaling problem in both Myth and
MPlayer on the new frontend. When I play a 16:9 mpeg2 (DVB or DVD) file it
appears as if the image has been scaled to fill the entire screen, then the
top and bottom cut off. Widescreen xvid files are fine in MPlayer. My main
box is running RedHat 9, the new one is running Fedora Core 1, with most of
the packages from X up installed via apt-get from ATrpms. MPlayer is a
binary rpm install, Myth (latest CVS) is compiled from source. I know this
was a problem with the zooming code in myth at one stage, but it doesn't
seem to by a Myth problem because MPlayer is doing it too. Any ideas whats
going on?

Specs:

Main Backend/Frontend:
Celeron 800
nvidia Geforce 2MX (with binary driver)
RedHat 9

New Frontend:
Celeron 500
nvidia TNT2 MX
Fedora Core 1

Both running Mythtv CVS versions within a few hours of each others.

thanks,
	Damon Searle