[mythtv-users] Moderate success, now for the little details...

Rob Parkhill parkhill at canada.com
Sat Nov 22 23:22:06 EST 2003

Well, after about 35 hours of screwing around, I finally have mythtv
running decently on my EPIA M10000 w/ PVR-250, controling an external
satellite reciever.

The thing to fix now is getting the modules to all load properly on a
reboot. Right now, I basically have to unload everything and reload it
by hand to get the system to work after a reboot. Not fun.

For those who are wondering, I am using the VIA binary drivers for Red
Hat 9, combined with the custom ATrpms RedHat 9 kernel. I just installed
all of the VIA binary files except for the three that are kernel
specific. Mythtv is using the mpeg2 decoder, I can get TV-out working
without those three files, and (most) everything seems to be behaving
properly.

Much thanks to Robert Wamble for his IR200L/LIRC installation
instructions. I was able to get two copies of LIRC running, and have
built (and submitted) a perfectly working LIRC config file to control my
StarChoice Navigo 405 reciever (drop me a note if you need a copy of
this file, I don't know how long it will take to get added to the
remotes list for LIRC.)

The CPU load is only about 30% when watching live TV (480x480 at 8Mbps
MPEG2). Not too shabby!

Now, on to hunting down the module loading problems...

later...
          Rob