[mythtv-users] On video w/mostly black,

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Nov 22 22:35:10 EST 2003

> It is in the recorded file and why wouldn't it show up in live tv?  Isn't live
> tv "recorded" and you watch the ringbuffer file?  Anyway mplayer works fine and
> you can watch the live stream /dev/video without any problems.  I'm not sure
> about the other person who just mentioned this problem but I only seem to be
> having the problem in myth.  Anyway, the studders are ending up in the recorded
> files as well and not just in "live" tv.

So you ran mplayer on one of the Myth recorded files and mplayer stuttered at the
same point that Myth did when watching the file?

Couple questions:

Are you watching a pre-recorded program while another is recording?

Does the problem happen if you pause LiveTV for a few minutes and then unpause
it and continue watching?

Are there any messages printed out in the window you ran mythfrontend from or
on the backend?  How about the syslog, anything there from ivtv?

I'm wondering if you're running into problems with reading/writing the mpeg2
files at the same time or maybe dma problems or something.

--

Chris