[mythtv-users] MythTV Success, Now help me optimize [OFF TOPIC]

David Bourgoyne dbourgoyne at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 22 20:18:00 EST 2003

I know this doesn't quit belong here, hence the [OFF Topic] in the
subject.  But mythtv-users have been so helpful in the past.

I have a Linux box with two ethernet cards running a mythbackend and a
mythfrontend.  I have a Xbox running a mythfrontend.

The first ethernet card is connected to a Linksys firewall as are other
computers in my house.  The Linksys routes internet traffic through a
cable modem.  Consider this my primary network.  I'd like the Xbox to
get video from the Linux box over the second ethernet, thereby not

Bridge, Subnet, etc.

Would a bridge even work?  Or is a bridge so transparent that you can't
have ports?

Can you point me to a faq or howto?  Can you show me the output of your
netstat -r?

Thanks,

David