[mythtv-users] what is mythcommflag doing?

Cedar McKay cedar at aliandcedar.com
Fri Nov 21 19:31:17 EST 2003

Chris Pinkham wrote:

>>>Try running the following query:
>>>
>>>SELECT recorded.chanid,starttime,endtime,title,subtitle,
>>>		description,channel.channum,channel.callsign,
>>>		channel.name
>>>	FROM recorded,channel
>>>	WHERE recorded.chanid = 1009
>>>		AND starttime = 20030419200000
>>>		AND recorded.chanid = channel.chanid;
>>>
>>>That's the query that gets run to check to retrieve program info from
>>>the DB when you're running mythcommflag.
>>>

>>Hmm. I don't really understand this. If I do it exactly as you have
>>written I get an empty set. But why do you want me to do the
>>AND recorded.chanid = channel.chanid;
>>line?
>>

>That's the problem, that's why I said to run that exact command.  It looks
>like you used to have a chanid 1009 in your channel table and now you don't.
>So when Myth goes to find the recorded program's info, it looks for info
>about the channel it was recorded on and doesn't show it.  Have you
>rebuilt your channel table since you made that recording?

Hmm, I see. I have not rebuilt my channel table, at least not unless I
did it by mistake in some semi-magical way. However, did the channel
table get automatically updated when support for per card profiles was
introduced? Come to think of it, I might have run setup and answered
"yes" to the clear channels question after that update. If that would
suffice to change my channel IDs then I suppose that I am responsible.
When I look in the channel table all the ids are 20xx rather than 10xx
like they used to be. What would be your suggested work-around?
Thanks,
Cedar