[mythtv-users] Dual PVR-250s config settings

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 13:27:50 EST 2003

On Friday 21 November 2003 12:21, Mike Davis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had a functioning MythTV setup (minus lirc of course) with a
> PVR-250 in a P4 2.4 system.  I have decided to add another PVR-250 to
> have 2 tuners serve another frontend.  Both PVR-250s are functioning
> with video to Mythtv. However, once I installed the second 250, I
> lost sound on the first, and have no sound on the second.  MythVideo
> plays movie files with sound, so it's the config of the PVR-250 which
> I need help with.
>
> Under "Capture Cards"
> 1) What Audio Device do I select for each PVR-250?
> 2) VBI device?

I *think* both of these settings are ignored for Hardware MPEG cards
like the PVR-250/350.  You don't need an audio capture device node,
since the audio is already muxed into the MPEG stream that you get from
the video device.  And I don't think there's VBI support in the ivtv
driver, so you can ignore that one, too.

> I'm not able to schedule two recodrings at the same time, Myth lists
> them as conflicting.

Assuming you have the same video source going into all three cards
(i.e., each of them has analog cable coming in, or a feed from a
digital cable set-top box (one box per card)), what you need to do is
go in to 'Input Connections' in the backend setup and bind your video
source to all three cards.

-JAC