[mythtv-users] what is mythcommflag doing?

Cedar McKay cedar at aliandcedar.com
Fri Nov 21 03:08:53 EST 2003

I'm running gentoo with the 0.12 ebuild.

$ mythcommflag --all

MythTV Commercial Flagging, started at Thu Nov 20 23:57:10 2003

Flagging commercial breaks for:
ChanID  Start Time      Title
Breaks
------  --------------  --------------------------------------------
------
No program data exists for channel 1009 at 20030419200000
No program data exists for channel 1009 at 20030426200000
No program data exists for channel 1022 at 20030428003000
<snip>lots more</snip>

If I look in my recordings directory there is a corresponding file
name. If I look in the database in the recorded table,  this
corresponds to:
|   1009 | 20030419200000 | 20030419203000 | Mr. Bean
                     | Mr. Bean                        | An exam;
sneezing; swim trunks.
                     | sagan     | NULL     |       0 | NULL    | NULL

If I look in the front end, the show is there, and is watchable. When I
try to skip the commercial, it seeks for a number of seconds, instead
of jumps instantly as programs usually do when the commercials are
already marked. The only thing out of the ordinary about this file, is
it was made with an older version of myth. But I thought the whole
point of mythcommflag was that it could go and generate this info.
Anyway, and explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cedar