[mythtv-users] Looking for Capture Card Recommendations

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Nov 19 02:57:20 EST 2003

I've been playing with a test MythTv setup for
the past few days, built using whatever hardware
I had lying around in drawers.

I'm impressed, but my hardware
is not good enough. I have a WinTV-Go card
which has no audio capture. Audio is captured
via the sound card, which is a SB Live!. Suffice to
say that the alsa mixer and this card are not
on speaking terms.

So I'm looking for a new capture card. I don't need
hardware MPEG, but I'd like a) decent video quality
and b) audio capture built in so I can avoid the mixer-hell,
and also use multiple capture cards in the future.

Looking at the bttv cards list it seems like there should
be at least one decent usable card out there, but it's hard
to correlate the information there with what I see listed
on hardware vendor's web sites (they change the chipsets
on the cards without changing the model numbers).

BTW, I'm in the NTSC part of the world.

Thanks.