[mythtv-users] Set Program Rankings weirdness

Greg Schueler greg at vario.us
Wed Nov 19 01:07:14 EST 2003

i didn't notice any obviously screwy rows in the record table.

i recompiled and reinstalled mythtv, but the problem was still there.
So then I systematically stopped recording the shows which weren't
showing up correctly on that screen until there was only correct shows.
  then I one by one set those shows to be recorded again.

now everything seems to be back to normal...

thanks for responses!

btw, mythtv rocks, i love it.

On Nov 18, 2003, at 9:05 PM, Jack R Hyde wrote:

> I had pretty much the same problem, but I think mine was caused by
> crossed mythbackend/frontend versions thanks to a few different
> backends I run. It was easily fixed by going into the record table in
> the sql database and dropping all the obviously screwed up rows.
>
> Greg Schueler wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm running mythtv 0.12 which has been working fine.  However, now
>> when I go to Set Program Rankings under the Schedule Recordings menu,
>> I see a lot of weird entries in the Program list..
>>
>> '- "68 COMEDYP"'
>> '- "62 TOONP"'
>>
>> also, some entries are completely blank, and some of them look like
>> database entry keys
>>
>> ''
>> '1006'
>> '1060'
>>
>> When I highlight one of the entries, the other metadata is missing or
>> wrong as well. e.g.  there's one entry listed as '1064' which has a
>> Channel of "2003-11-16T22:30:00", obviously a time not a channel, and
>> a Rank of "+Return to Oblivion", which is the name of a recent Sealab
>> 2021 episode I recorded.
>>
>> There are a few entries for actual programs that appear to be correct.
>>
>> I poked around in the mysql tables to see if I could find a place to
>> remove the invalid entries, but had no luck.
>>
>> Can somebody enlighten me about what is going on?  Can I fix it by
>> deleting some database entries?  I didn't see a "rankings" database
>> table...are the rows for that page calculated on the fly?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Greg

greg schueler