[mythtv-users] Re: Mobo options?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 00:15:27 EST 2003

>From: Ben Curtis <fmstratk at coronium.com>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Re: Mobo options?
>Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:57:17 -0500 (EST)
>
> > If you like the Asus but think it costs too much try the Asus
> > A7V8X-X instead. KT400 chipset. I have never had any
> > significant problems with it and it is only $58 on NewEgg.
> >

>Another thing just occured to me, are you running ivtv with a PVR-250, or
>another card?  IVTV seems to be the thing that pulls in the issue with DMA
>problems on the via boards.
>
>Ben

PVR-250 using (almost) the latest ivtv.  Never had a problem.  Guess
that means I can run with scissors too!   ;-P

Take that gods of incompatibility!!

Seriously, I have a friend who recommended Asus when I was looking
to build the system because he has always used them and he was
100% correct.

-- Harry O.