[mythtv-users] XMLTV Not "Connecting"?

Michael J. Hammel mythtv at graphics-muse.com
Tue Nov 18 22:19:01 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 21:03, Warren Pattison wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently started setting up a MythTV box, and before I got my new
> hardware, had most of it running on another system.  When I went
> through that first install, the part where you input your zip code
> worked flawlessly.
>
> Now, when I input my zip, no Providers populate the list.

I ran into the same problem today.  Someone else posted a fix on the
xmltv-users mailing list on sourceforge.  In ZapListings.pm, make this
very minor change:

old: while ( $options=~s/<OPTION value="(\d+)">([^<]+)<\/OPTION>//ios )
{
new: while ( $options=~s/<OPTION value="(\d+)" >([^<]+)<\/OPTION>//ios ) {
                                              ^

There is a space added where I put that caret.

See
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3489369&forum_id=7180

This seems to fix the problem.  It must have just cropped up today.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mythtv at graphics-muse.com>