[mythtv-users] Set Program Rankings weirdness

Greg Schueler greg at vario.us
Tue Nov 18 22:02:33 EST 2003

well, i'm absolutely sure I never checked out from CVS, and I know all
I ever downloaded was mythtv-0.12 ...

could mythweb have screwed things up?  I notice that it often crashes
mythbackend..  the mythweb version i have is 0.12 as well (august 4,
2003 in the readme).

The watch recordings screen shows up fine, (also fine in mythweb), I'm
only seeing the weirdness in the program rankings screen...

thanks for response

On Nov 18, 2003, at 6:47 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> Are you sure you're running 0.12 on both backend and frontend?
>
> Looks like your backend and frontend were compiled from CVS source from
> two different dates.  The backend <-> frontend wire protocol has
> changed
> a couple times recently and this would cause problems similar to what
> you're seeing but would also affect the watch recordings screen as
> well.
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm running mythtv 0.12 which has been working fine.  However, now
>> when
>> I go to Set Program Rankings under the Schedule Recordings menu, I see
>> a lot of weird entries in the Program list..
>>
>> '- "68 COMEDYP"'
>> '- "62 TOONP"'
>>
>> also, some entries are completely blank, and some of them look like
>> database entry keys
>>
>> ''
>> '1006'
>> '1060'
>>
>> When I highlight one of the entries, the other metadata is missing or
>> wrong as well. e.g.  there's one entry listed as '1064' which has a
>> Channel of "2003-11-16T22:30:00", obviously a time not a channel, and
>> Rank of "+Return to Oblivion", which is the name of a recent Sealab
>> 2021 episode I recorded.
>>
>> There are a few entries for actual programs that appear to be correct.
>>
>> I poked around in the mysql tables to see if I could find a place to
>> remove the invalid entries, but had no luck.
>>
>> Can somebody enlighten me about what is going on?  Can I fix it by
>> deleting some database entries?  I didn't see a "rankings" database
>> table...are the rows for that page calculated on the fly?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Greg
>>
>> --
>> greg schueler