[mythtv-users] 2nd Tuner card?

wolisin wolisin wolisin at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 20:51:43 EST 2003

I'm still trying to figure out my setup to watch live TV and record a
different show at the same time. I know I need 2 cards.

One of them would work fine with Hauppauge PVR-350, i.e I can
record/playback with no problems. But what about the other? If I have a,
say, 1.5 Ghz machine wouldn't it be able to handle decoding of live TV from
a crappier card (any recommendations on the type you'd use?)

Also what would be the minimal specs for a frontend? I was thinking of any
very low-end PC who's sole role would be to dump a network stream to
display.

Thanks!