[mythtv-users] IR Blaster?

Oxygen oxygen at asisard.com
Tue Nov 18 10:55:45 EST 2003

Currently building a MythTV setup to record from my Cable, and DirecTV receiver.

What I don't know yet is how to control both boxes, I could control the dTV receiver with a serial to "home control"  cable, but I leave my cable box hanging.

I would need a IR blaster or Infrared blaster/sender to control both and maybe a third cable box in the future? (this part is a little confusing as the commands Blasted to the Cable1 box and Cable2 box from the same cable provider would interfere with eachother, anyone has a solution for this?).

What i need to know is brands and models of IR blasters that would work with MythTV, as i dont have a clue where to look.

TIA,

Oxy.