[mythtv-users] unable to use apt-get to update to mythtv .12

Guy McLean guy at mclean.homeip.net
Mon Nov 17 22:34:50 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] unable to use apt-get to update to mythtv .12On
Nov 16, 2003, at 19:14, Guy McLean wrote:

Much deleted:

> Failed to fetch
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/redhat/9/en/i386/base/
> pkglist.planetccrma  Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)

Something looks to be tanked on your particular install, for some
reason. Not sure if it is apt, bzip2, or something entirely different
though... I know all those repos are just fine, because I had no such
issues with a bare-metal installation today. So unfortunately, the only
thing I can say right now, is that the repos are fine, and something
about your situation is screwy, but I don't know what... =\

It turned out to be a problem with my firewall, not sure what the solution
is yet but plugging the myth box directly into my cable modem fixed the
problem with apt-get and the upgrade went fine.  Mythweather works with the
myth box plugged direct to the cable modem as well but won't work when I
plug my Linux Router back in.

Any suggestions

Guy