[mythtv-users] Any IR Keyboard Users?

Joe Byrne mythjoe at joebyrne.org
Sun Nov 16 22:20:14 EST 2003

IR keyboards are tough to find.  I got mine at Safecomputing (?!).  It's the
same or similar as the ones from Directon.

It's *definitely* the way to go.  I got it and a learning remote (Sony
RM-VL1000) for ~ $100 total.  That sounds like a lot but (a) I have one
remote to control all of my AV gear and (b) I can scoff at all of the "I
can't get lirc to work" messages.  If you want to spend a bit more on the
remote, I think Amazon has refurbed versions of those fancy Philips remotes
that look like PDAs.

The only little glitch is that there's at least one shift-key combination in
keys.txt (muting or something).

JB