[mythtv-users] will this setup work? two backends sharing a db?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 21:42:15 EST 2003

I have a main backend and frontend on a server. I'm adding a remote slave
backend and frontend. Can I share the SQL database that is on the main
backend with the remote slave that also has a backend?

My goal here is to have two backends, hopefully my master will manage the
SQL database and the remote will connect. Each backend will have it's own
tuner and that's why I want them to share that one database so I can
schedule programs for each tuner. That's my main question here, will this
work or how can I set it up to work? I want two backends, each with their
own tuner that can schedule/watch records with each other. Putting both
tuners in the master server isn't a possibility.