[mythtv-users] AverTv Studio and myth

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Nov 16 01:16:05 EST 2003

On Nov 15, 2003, at 22:03, scuterky wrote:

> >Some
> > people have said they can get it working, but the quality is mediocre
> > (analog only, digital definitely won't work), and there are assorted
> > issues getting the right audio channel (SAP often gets selected for
> > some reason).
>
> fwiw, I posted a few weeks ago on the SAP issue with my avermedia
> card*. To close the loop on this, I now have the following params in
> modules.conf and this does seem to fix the SAP problem:
>  options bttv audiomux=0xff44e gbuffers=8

No SAP problems for me, just no btaudio. Did you get btaudio working
also?

> Part of the trouble in diagnosing the problem was that rmmod/insmod
> bttv didn't seem to be a reliable testing system. Rebooting was the
> only conclusive way of testing the configs. This doesn't really make
> sense...but whatever.

You need to rmmod much more than just bttv, and then reboots shouldn't
be necessary. Loading up bttv also pulls in at least tuner, videodev,
tvaudio, i2c-algo-bit, video-buf and btcx-risc (on my system w/bttv
0.9.11). Try rmmod'ing all those too, then modprobe bttv again to get
around rebooting. Rebooting is probably easier though... :)

> * this avermedia card as detected:
> bttv0: detected: AVerMedia TVPhone98 [card=41], PCI subsystem ID is
> 1461:0003
> bttv0: using: BT878(AVerMedia TVPhone 98) [card=41,autodetected]
> bttv0: Avermedia eeprom[0x4803]: tuner=2 radio:yes remote control:yes

Same here.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...