[mythtv-users] Re:Re:chkconfig lirc failing any suggestions

greg gregory.long1 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 15 00:49:46 EST 2003

At 22:43 11/14/2003, you wrote:
>hmm, now it seems there is no...um../usr/bin/irw to execute??
>
>doing..
>]# rpm -qa | grep lirc
>lirc-lib-0.7.0-pre2_16.rh9.at
>lirc-kmdl-2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at-0.7.0-pre2_16.rh9.at
>

>thoughts??

I just installed myth-suite on Fedora Core 1 and had tha same issues with lirc.  I used Jardods guide also.  When I did rpm -q for lirc it showed the same as above.  What I thought wast just plain lirc was not installed, so I used yum to install lirc and all the comands and lircd all showed up and worked.  I had some problems with deps using apt-get so used yum and all packages went in smooth

Greg