[mythtv-users] LIRC daemon refuses to start

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Fri Nov 14 15:37:08 EST 2003

Sounds like a pathing issue to me.  Make sure lircd is installed
somewhere in your path.  Also, make sure its actually installed :-)

W Jason McMillon wrote:

>Same problem, no solutions... any luck?
>
>jason
>
>I'm convinced this is some sort of configuration
>issue. The drivers appear to load in the sequence
>suggested by Jarod's documentation. But, when I issue
>the daemon command, /sbin/chkconfig lircd on, I get
>the following error:
>
>error reading information on service lircd: No such
>file or directory
>
>Everything else works right up to that point. Also,
>there are no logs for LIRC being generated. This is
>the last piece to getting my Myth box up-and-running
>and usable in my A/V rack.
>
>HELP!

>http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

main(){int j=1234;char t[]=":@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.\n",*i=
"iqgbgxmdzlolyb\nu.pax\nlek.n";char *strchr(const char*,int);
while(*i){j+=strchr(t,*i++)-t;j%=sizeof t-1;putchar(t[j]);}return 0;}