[mythtv-users] Channel split and assignment

Aran Cox spin at avalon.net
Fri Nov 14 13:23:30 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:23:24PM -0600, Lonny Selinger wrote:
> > analog, what I did was defined both sources and then in the config file (for
> > the digital side), put a 'not ' in front of the analog channels to prevent
> > having them shown twice in the menu, then assigned the analog channels to the
>
> just as a test I tried putting the lines back into the digital listing and
> re-ran mythfilldatabase. Then I assigned the lower channels to the Tuner input
> on the PVR-250 ... I now can see the lower channels but after unplugging
> inputs to see where it was getting the feed from, it seems that everything is
> only coming though  the S-Video input on the 250 and not the tuner of either
> card.
>
> Still trying things but hoping to not reinvent the wheel if someone's been
> successfull already or knows that its not possible currently :)
>
> --
> Lonny

I think the "right" way to do this is to create two sources, one analog with
nothing but the analog channels and one digital with nothing but the digital
channels.  Assign the analog source to the tuner/television input and the
digital input to the s-video or composite input.

Even though your digital source has all the analog channels as well (I assume)
you don't want the analog channels in that source because you get duplicate
channels in the guide, etc.

MythTV switches back and forth between the inputs for recording, but during
live TV you have to manually switch inputs with the c key.  (That factoid
is in keys.txt file that comes with the myth source and is usually included
in binary packages as well.)

Aran