[mythtv-users] I'm in....

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Fri Nov 14 11:41:20 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Peter Greis wrote:

> One observation is that it takes an eternity (4-5
> seconds) to change channels. Is anyone else seeing
{stuff clipped}

Glad to hear that the waf factor is doing well, it helps to NOT have an
existing TiVo you are trying to replace...

After reading the whole thread so far, no one mentioned that one of the
great features of having a PVR is that you shouldn't really need to watch
liveTV all that often.  I can understand with wanting to play initially
with the liveTV support, and I did on my TiVo as well when I first got it.
But the reality of the situation is that you'll learn that you just tell
it to record a bunch of shows, then when you want to watch TV, you'll head
right to the recordings screen to see what is available.  This is why when
you press the TiVo button on the TiVo remote it takes you to the Now
Playing section instead of LiveTV.  One thing I have yet to change on my
MythTV install is putting the Watch Recordings option first in the list,
instead of third, and move LiveTV to the bottom of the list.

As you get more into letting the PVR free you from TV schedules you'll see
what I mean.

~cj