[mythtv-users] I'm in....

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Fri Nov 14 10:35:08 EST 2003

FWIW, and to add to my earlier post:  I just asked my co-worker about his
Tivo experience.  He does use it for live tv, and as far as changing
channels:  "um, not anything significant... nothing more than regular
cable... maybe a second or less"  And that's a hardware encoder, on like a
53MHz cpu or something?  But with a nice real-time design, of course.  From
a performance standpoint I'm still curious if we can't re-nice
mythbackend/mythfrontend, and using a hardware encoder get away with a
smaller live buffer.  I'm a channel-surfer and I just can't change my ways!
;-)  But I still love myth for scheduling recordings...

- Willy