[mythtv-users] Nuvexport questions

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Nov 13 01:57:38 EST 2003

> First Nuvexport is working fine for me. I would like to burn my shows on
> cd to watch on my dvd but it doesn't recognize the format, I know I can
> play vcd's and svcd, I've done it before. What kind of file do I need to
> add so my dvd will recognize it? Sorry I don't know that much about
> vcd's and svcd's.I know that the svcd's I've played have several folders
> and files and the video is actually a.dat file.

You need vcdimager to convert the mpeg files into vcd images:

http://www.vcdimager.org/

Though if you look at:

http://forevermore.net/myth/

you'll find two helpful scripts..  chapterize will automatically run
vcdimager for you and set svcd chapter markers every 5 minutes (you can
change that with cli options - use --help to find info).  I've also put
up my burncd script, which I think is one of the better cdrecord
interfaces out there - it will detect the type of disk you want to burn
(.bin/cue, data, .iso, dvd, etc) and set the necessary burn parameters
for cdrdao, cdrecord or dvdrecord.  you need cdrdao to burn the bin/cue
files that vcdimager exports (point burncd at the .cue file)

I will someday have time to actually make an official page for all of
this stuff, and figure out how to set up anonymous cvs access through my
firewall and jumbled collection of servers, but for now you'll just have
to poke around on your own.

> My second question is could I have nuvexport run automatically at night
> on the show I recorded that day? If so how would I go about doing it?
> Thanks for any input
> and thanks to everyone who has worked on this project.

I plan to add a command line interface to it, so you could set up a cron
job to do this, or attach it directly to mythtranscode, but
unfortunately haven't had much time to work on it lately.

-Chris