[mythtv-users] PVR-350: driver or motherboard?

Jay Goldberg jay at ransdoc.com
Wed Nov 12 20:05:11 EST 2003

Hi folks

Has *anyone* been able to use a Hauppauge PVR-350 with MythTV to
watch Live TV or do recordings for any length of time without a
system freeze?  I can very successfully watch about 10 minutes
of Live TV (using TV-Out) with MythTV 0.12 and Jens' Halloween
drivers.  With the latest CVS from ivtv and MythTV as of 11/09,
my system was only good for 10 seconds before freezing up.

I'm trying to determine if I should buy a new motherboard or wait
to see how the ivtv drivers develop.  I've got a fairly old
motherboard (Epox EP-61-BXA-M w/ PIII/450).  From reading posts
for the past few weeks, some people seem to have motherboard issues
that cause system freeze, and some people seem to have ivtv driver
issues...

So - if anyone's been successful with the ivtv drivers - please let
me know what motherboard you're using.  If anyone has a strong
opinion as to whether I should replace my motherboard or wait for
more work on the drivers, please let me know.

     Cheers
         Jay

...sorry to sound like a whiny pain in the a**, but I'm having
escalating WAF (wife acceptance factor) issues at home :)

--
Jay Goldberg
H: jay at ransdoc.com
W: jg at open.ch