[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth V4 video codec problem?

Sean, Sharon and Kyle Harbour sharbours at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 17:52:22 EST 2003

I have KnoppMyth V4 working with dual capture cards, a Hauppage 190
and 401. The /myth directory now resides on a linear RAID consisting
of hdb and hdc. Stutters during recording and playback were fixed by
enabling DMA for those drives in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.

I have to insmod btaudio manually right now to get digital audio
extraction to work for the 401 card. What is the preferred way to do
this? The note I found for doing it in /etc/myth/modules doesn't seem
to work as desired.

All my captures are using huge amounts of disk space, on the order of
3.5 GB hour. Changing the capture settings from RTJPEG to MPEG4 seems
to have no effect. Is this a known bug with KnoppMyth V4?

Games. I have the PC games XML file figured out and working fine in
the gaming section. But, I can't get any of the ROMS to recognize at
all, scan for new games returns zip. Any tips before I dig in to
this?

BTW, the linksys MA311 PCI 802.11b card works great out of the box on
this system, an Athlon 1900+ (1600mhz) with 256MB DDR and 3 hard
drives. Capturing at 480x480 on both cards requires about 80-90% cpu,
not leaving enough left over to watch anything, but I'm still
tweaking.

Thanks,

Sean Harbour