[mythtv-users] RE: New CLE266 Drivers

bpierce815 at charter.net bpierce815 at charter.net
Wed Nov 12 14:58:06 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:16:01 -0600 (CST)
  Joe Reeves <mysfitt at kered.org> wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 bpierce815 at charter.net wrote:
>
>XV is an X extension that takes advantage of hardware
>overlay and scaling
>features in your video card. Hardware decoding is another
>thing entirely
>and only works with mpeg2, while XV can used with any
>video output.

I see.  Well I appologize for mistating any information on
this list.  I did find that the 40037 drivers seem to be
much more stable than the 40032 drivers.  However I was
unable to get the CLE266 compiled mythtv, or VeXP  to run
on them. Also, Video overlay seems to work alot better.
 If anyone out there has an M6000 and the time to try it,
I would be interested in seeing if the 40037 drivers
improved cpu utilization for video overlay for them as
well.

- Ben