[mythtv-users] SUCCESS - Gentoo and Nehemiah hardware decodin g

Joe Reeves mysfitt at kered.org
Wed Nov 12 14:09:28 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Rex Young wrote:

> > After dicking with this WAY too long and after reading a
> > cryptic message from
> > someone named Hopkins on the VIA forums, I've managed to get
> > Myth CVS running
> > on my M10000 Nehemiah using hardware decoding on a Gentoo
> > box! This may be
> > old news but I'm just tickled pink about the whole thing.
> >
> > If there's any of you die-hard gentoo'ers out there I'd be
> > willing to write a
> > howto on it. My CPU using watching TV is only 10-20% now
> > (480x480). Then
> > again, everyone may be doing this already in which case ... nevermind.
> >
> > Curtis
>

> I would be very happy to hear how you accomplished it.

I am interested as well. I have not yet heard of hardware decoding working
on Gentoo at all, much less working on the Nehemiah! If you could post a
howto it would be much appreciated.

Joe

--
"In a consumer society there are inevitably two kinds of slaves:
the prisoners of addiction and the prisoners of envy."

~courtesy of fortune