[mythtv-users] Re: [Q] : how to trace "wait for 2 seconds...

Seth Lake caver at verizon.net
Tue Nov 11 18:23:09 EST 2003

> Another interesting side effect.  If I ssh into my Myth box, and kill the
> front end, it doesn't go away, and I am then forced to power-cycle the
box.
> I can no longer Alt-Tab to a KDE command window.  Sometimes, I can't do
> either--no ssh, no Alt-Tab. :(

when i get this there's nothing i can do unless i have another window open
in the background.  i do't start mythfrontend on start-up anymore, i start
it through a terminal window so that i can alt-tab to it, kill mythfrontend
and re-start it.  the problem seems to be increasing, now it's unusual for
me to go an entire hour without needing to killall mythfrontend.

the instinct that i had was that the buffers are under-running on the pvr
and somehow de-railling the entire process instead of just causing a hiccup.
i'm going to try and move some processes off the box (like mysql and samba)
and see if that helps.

and, incidentally, i have an intel chipset, not via.

abit bh-6
celeron 500
256MB
pvr-250