[mythtv-users] LIRC and Hauppauge question

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 09:38:21 EST 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 19:48, Seth Lake wrote:
> kinda OT, but...
>
> i have an IR keyboard for mythbox, it's got a reciever and two PS2
> outputs, a keyboard and a mouse (it's got one of those IBM
> nipple-of-knowledge do-hickeys).  it flashes the recieve light every
> time i send any IR in it's direction, from the hauppage remote or any
> of my other IR remotes.  is there a way to capture the output of the
> PS2 ports and see what my remotes are shooting through it, if
> anything?  then maybe re-map keys to whatever it is that the reciever
> is recieving?
>
> just a thought...

I'm not sure what you're getting at... do you want to set up your remote
to emulate your keyboard, or your keyboard to emulate your remote?  If
the former, you could just use a learning remote to learn keys from the
keyboard (i.e., have the FF key on the remote 'learn' the '->' key from
the keyboard).  A number of folks have done this with good results.  If
you want to do it the other way around (have your keyboard send codes
from one of your remotes) I have to ask... why?  This is probably a Bad
Idea(tm), as you wouldn't really gain anything & the keyboard would
probably cease to work as a keyboard.

-JAC