[mythtv-users] Re:LIRC and Hauppauge question

David Vasquez vasqued2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 21:19:09 EST 2003

I created an RM upgrade for JP1 remotes that works
fine for me with a Radio Shack 15-2116.  It's posted
in the JP1 group.

Files/Misc/Hauppauge-PVR250.rmdu

David

--------------------------

Based on my experience, the receiver on the Hauppauge
cards will respond
to RC-5 codes from other remotes (usually Philips, or
universals
programmed as Philips). However, there seems to be a
limitation to
exactly which codes the receiver will respond to. To
date no one (at
least on this list) has reported getting all (or even
most) of the
buttons on a universal or other non-Hauppauge remote
to work with the
Hauppauge receiver. Thus, the options would seem to
be:

- Get a learning remote and learn from a real
(borrowed?) Hauppauge
'gray' remote
- Get a JP-1 programmable remote and see if you can
program it with
codes that will be accepted by the Hauppauge receiver
- Get or build a serial IR receiver and use any remote
you damn well
please.

-JAC