[mythtv-users] LIRC and Hauppauge question

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:55:02 EST 2003

Christopher,

The reason I originally posed the question is that I recently built the
serial IR receiver
from the LIRC site.  I substituted a 2.5mm socket for the IR detector and
used the
Hauppauge pickup instead.  It works beautifully and ended up costing me $10
in parts
and probably the same in time and gas.  Wish I'd known about the one you
have before
I started building.  Might have decided to go your route.

My original problem remains, though.  I am still trying to either find a
good remote type
to emulate for the serial receiver or a sufficiently "rich" set of RC-5
codes to emulate
for a universal remote.  The best info I have found so far is that the
One-for-All URC-7040
remote (a discontinued model) supported a Philips RC-5 remote with the code
0081
(that's the code on the universal remote) that had a good set of buttons
(up, down, left,
right, channel, volume, keypad, play, record, menu, etc.).  Current
One-for-All remotes
may also support this device.  I'm not sure.

I think what I may do is dive in and either get the Sony 5 device, Philips 4
device or
One-for-All 6 device universal remote and try to find RC-5 codes or other
emulations
(for the serial driver) that work best.  I'll post back to the list if I can
find a generally
available universal remote that has a good set of RC-5 codes.

-- Harry O.