[mythtv-users] LIRC and Hauppauge question

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Mon Nov 10 14:54:43 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Harry Orenstein wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to unify my remotes (TV, DVD, Myth, etc.) and I have a question
> about people
> who have PVR-2/350s and use LIRC.  Do many people out there use other than
> the
> I2C module of LIRC (i.e.: the Hauppauge remote) with these cards?

I personally went with a cheap serial IR receiver (that came with really
cheap remotes) and then purchased DirectTiVo remotes.  Since the TiVo
remotes is for PVR functionality it works great.  It is also programmable
to do volume, mute, and power for the TV.  I didn't bother with DvD remote
functionality, since I currently live with multiple remotes already
anyway, although I've become accustomed to popping in the netflix DvD,
doing a 'perfect' DvD rip, send the DvD back, and watch it through Myth.

In a previous instance of hacking up Myth, I actually the key bindings to be
more TiVo remote friendly, and will have to go back and do that again one of
these days.  Since things like CH+/CH- are printed as PgUp and PgDn on the
remote itself.  I guess I should have paid attention to whomever was
changing the window titles so that overloading could be done in the
.lircrc file.

~cj