[mythtv-users] NVidia TV-Out Black and White Only

mikey mikey at linuxwiz.org
Mon Nov 10 14:18:01 EST 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 12:39 pm, Jim Paris spammed:
> > I have tried everything (nv-tv, no nvidia proprietary drivers, nvidia
> > proprietary drivers, twinview, no twinview, etc..) and can only get the
> > blasted thing to display in black and white!
> >
> > Can anyone clue me in on what could be going on here?
>
> Did you set TVOutFormat in your XF86Config?  See

Yes, tried all known formats just for grins, and also tried via nv-tv, which
lets you set them on the fly without dorking with XF86Config.  Either no
picture or black and white.

I just picked up a $20.00 adapter at Radio Shack and will try that...  I
have a guess the problem may be that I was using the adapter that came with
the hauppage pvr250 on my nvidia card...