[mythtv-users] LIRC and Hauppauge question

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 13:21:30 EST 2003

Hi all!

I'm trying to unify my remotes (TV, DVD, Myth, etc.) and I have a question
about people
who have PVR-2/350s and use LIRC.  Do many people out there use other than
the
I2C module of LIRC (i.e.: the Hauppauge remote) with these cards?

I wanted to use the built-in remote but after reading up found out that RC-5
codes are
not that prevalent and I want to be able to have all the Myth functionality
without
using a learning remote.  The only solution I can see is to use the LIRC
serial module to
receive the codes.

If you have a PVR-2/350 and use a non-learning universal remote which remote
and
"emulation" do you use?  If anyone out there knows of a remote that has a
setting for
RC-5 codes that support Myth functionality (up, down, left, right, channel
up, channel
down, menu, etc.) I would be very greatful to hear from you.

TIA!!

-- Harry O.