[mythtv-users] Mandrake 9.2 setup (btaudio)

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 9 13:58:18 EST 2003

Le 09.11.2003 23:10:21, RJV a écrit :
> I'm attempting to set up a MythTV box under Mandrake 9.2
>
> Currently, I'm attempting to get btaudio to work.  I've got a WinTV
> card
> with the appropriate MSP chip onboard.
>
> I'm trying to get btaudio working prior to setting up MythTV.
>
> btaudio doesn't load automatically, but something called "tvaudio"
> does.
>
> I've tried adding btaudio by using insmod - but I'm getting no sound.
> I've also tried rmmod bttv then modprobe btaudio and modprobe bttv.

I have a MDK 9.2, and btaudio can be inserted at any time, does not
matter before or after bttv (in fact I load btaudio from the rc.local
script file (just added "modprobe btaudio" as the last line of the
file), which means way after bttv; I do that because the real issue is
to load btaudio AFTER the driver of your sound card, because else it is
a mess).
BUT having the good chip for the sound on your card is not an insurance
that btaudio will work. It seems that some cards have the good chip but
badly wired (this is in the doc file of mythtv). So check if your card
could work with btaudio.

> Here
> is what dmesg shows:
>
> bttv0: unloading
> btaudio: driver version 0.7 loaded [digital+analog]
> btaudio: Bt878 (rev 2) at 00:0b.1, irq: 17, latency: 32, mmio:
> 0xe3000000
> btaudio: using card config "default"
> btaudio: registered device dsp1 [digital]
> btaudio: registered device dsp2 [analog]
> btaudio: registered device mixer1
> bttv: driver version 0.7.107 loaded
> bttv: using 4 buffers with 2080k (8320k total) for capture
> bttv: Host bridge is VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8377 [KT400 AGP] Host
> Bridge
> bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
> bttv0: Bt878 (rev 2) at 00:0b.0, irq: 17, latency: 32, mmio:
> 0xe3002000
> bttv0: detected: Hauppauge WinTV [card=10], PCI subsystem ID is
> 0070:13eb
> bttv0: using: BT878(Hauppauge (bt878)) [card=10,autodetected]
> bttv0: Hauppauge/Voodoo msp34xx: reset line init [5]
> msp34xx: init: chip=MSP3430G-A1, has NICAM support
> msp3410: daemon started
> tuner: chip found @ 0xc2
> bttv0: Hauppauge eeprom: model=61111, tuner=Temic 4036FY5 (8),
> radio=no
> bttv0: using tuner=8
> tuner: type set to 8 (Temic NTSC (4036 FY5))
> bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... found
> bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
> bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
> tvaudio: TV audio decoder + audio/video mux driver
> tvaudio: known chips:
> tda9840,tda9873h,tda9874h/a,tda9850,tda9855,tea6300,tea6420,tda8425,
> pic16c54
> (PV951),ta8874z
> bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 .. ok
> bttv0: registered device video0
> bttv0: registered device vbi0
> bttv0: PLL can sleep, using XTAL (28636363).
>
> Now, if I do a listing in /dev, I have /dev/dsp dsp1 and dsp2.  I
> also
> have /dev/mixer and mixer1.

This looks good, I have the same thing.

> however, if I load up xawtv and then run "aplay /dev/dsp1" - I get
> no sound.
>
> Examination of kmix shows that there is only my soundcard mixer.

I don't think that kmix controls the mixer of btaudio.
So the test it : using eg xawtv, select a channel, and try listening on /
dev/dsp1, you should have the sound of the channel you're watching
(actually I had some problems with aplay, and I used sox for my test,
anyway this does not matter as soon as you obtain the sound
corresponding to the image).

Good luck.
Bye
Manu