[mythtv-users] Nuvexport/ffmpeg Crashes

Lennox Reid mythtv at idodat.com
Sun Nov 9 14:36:08 EST 2003

I've been trying to get transcoding/nuvexport/etc to work.  My main box
is running Myth .11 on Mandrake 9.1 from thans RPM.  Transcode does not
work on this version.

I've installed Myth 0.12 on my desktop PC, copied over some shows I want
to transcode (to remove commercials and archive).  After copying the
.nuv file over to the new machine and inserting the program info into
the database (mythconverg/recorded table), and reflagging commercials,
transcode works great.  Quality looks good, and commercial elimination
reduces file size by 30-35%

Now I want to use Nuvexport to generate DVD useable MPG's.  I am
assuming that the proper selection in nuvexport is SVCD.  Please let me
know if this is correct.

Regardless, when I try to convert the files, everything runs well for
1-2 hours, then X-Windows crashes.  I do not know if ffmpeg is
complaining about anything, but the only messages I can find are in
/var/log/messages:

-------
Nov  9 02:01:35 canouk modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module synth0
Nov  9 02:47:20 canouk kernel: __alloc_pages: 2-order allocation failed
(gfp=0x1f0/0)
Nov  9 02:48:58 canouk kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed
(gfp=0x1d2/0)
Nov  9 02:48:58 canouk kernel: VM: killing process X

Nov  9 02:50:22 canouk kernel: usbvideo.c: Packet Statistics: Total=64.
Empty=0. Usage=100%%
Nov  9 02:50:22 canouk kernel: usbvideo.c: Transfer Statistics:
Transferred=0 B Usage=0%%
Nov  9 02:50:22 canouk kernel: ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl
0x803c7601
Nov  9 02:50:23 canouk kernel: usbvideo.c: Packet Statistics: Total=64.
Empty=0. Usage=100%%
Nov  9 02:50:23 canouk kernel: usbvideo.c: Transfer Statistics:
Transferred=0 B Usage=0%%
Nov  9 02:50:23 canouk kernel: ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl
0x803c7601

--------
When I look at the .mp2 file and the .m2v file, they are fine -- but I
only get 1-2 minutes of the file (whatever it completed  up to the
crash).

Any debugging suggestions?  Quick fixes?  My ultimate goal is to get
these programs onto DVD.

I am running ffmeg .4.6

Thanks in advance

Lennox