[mythtv-users] Re: How to get interlaced PAL TV out on Nvidia?

Clyde Stubbs clyde at htsoft.com
Sun Nov 9 09:04:09 EST 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 04:54:16AM +0100, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> You probably won't even notice the effects of a interlaced picture on a
> still image, move to the devel list for a more featurefull (i hope)

Huh? The problem is not that I particularly want an interlaced picture,
but that on a standard TV you cannot display anything except in
interlaced modes, because the horizontal scan rate of a non-interlaced
image (at anything higher than 320x240 or so) is beyond what a TV
will cope with. I'd love to be able to dispense with interlacing
but would have to buy a new TV or monitor to do that.

--
Clyde Stubbs                     |            HI-TECH Software
Email: clyde at htsoft.com          |          Phone            Fax