[mythtv-users] How to get interlaced PAL TV out on Nvidia?

Clyde Stubbs clyde at htsoft.com
Sat Nov 8 17:59:29 EST 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 01:11:18PM +0000, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> How about defining a mode for 702x576i (or 720x576i or 768x576i - I
> can't rememebr the required dimension :)

Tried that (various resolutions up to 800x600) - basically any mode
that requires a horizontal scan rate of less than 30kHz is chucked out
by X at startup with the bad clock/mode/interlace message. Even if
I try 320x240 it sets that up as doublescan with a horizontal
rate of 31.5kHz. I have not found any mode acceptable to the driver
with a scan rate less than 30 - yet I know the hardware will do it
because its default state on power up works. And I have seen example
modelines that others have used in various how-to's that set up
rates of 15kHz or so.

My next step is to trawl the X source to see if there is some
hardwired limitation in 4.3.

Clyde

--
Clyde Stubbs                     |            HI-TECH Software
Email: clyde at htsoft.com          |          Phone            Fax