[mythtv-users] Schedule recordings with STB

Paul Catchpole admin at aphrodit.com
Sat Nov 8 13:19:42 EST 2003

On the UK PACE STBs, the serial only works if you've the development
firmware loaded on the box... Or so I understand!

The 4000 series support normal RC-x remote codes while the earlier ones only
support IRDA and need a converter. I'm using a 1000T box with a converter
(www.redremote.co.uk) and a homebrew (improved) transmitter.

You should be fine with just the transmitter, they're not that difficult to
build - if you'd like, I've still got my PCB design files (eagle-format)
around somewhere?

Paul