[mythtv-users] Dual Tuners SOLVED - Splitting question

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Nov 7 14:23:43 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 11:07, Lonny Selinger wrote:
> The new question I have is sort of off topic. I'm curious to know how many
> times you can split a signal (right from the wall) before it starts to degrade
> a lot. Basically I have my current output from the wall split 4 ways  :\  one
> goes to the second tuner, one to my digital box, one to a sepperate cable box
> in a nother room, and one is a feed to my cable modem. *So far* I've noticed
> no degredation in picture or on my internet side (fairly large pipe) but I'm
> thinking of splitting it once more so I can have all my lower channels (0-61)
> running into the tuner on _both_ cards and then just use the S-Video in (as I
> am right now) on the PVR-250 for my digital channels (99-400+) but without
> having the picture suck.

Right now I've got it split... let's see...
1. Cable modem
2. Cable box for Tivo
3. WinTV capture card in myth
4. Cable box for the PVR-250 Freestyle card
5. Direct to TV
6. No - I pulled the VCR because I ran out of power outlets. ;)

So that would be 5... the only problem I'm having is that NBC (channel 3
in the Bay Area) comes in like complete and utter crap on pretty much
all sources... might be time for me to start thinking about a signal
booster and/or higher quality coax cables...

Your idea for the channels is a good one.  If you get it working, I'd be
interested in trying it out myself.  I'm still living with the
double-channel problem for now... ;)

	-I