[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase with a "foreign" station

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Thu Nov 6 20:05:02 EST 2003

Background: I have a pcHDTV card, and zap2it does not provide listings
for over-the-air broadcast HDTV stations.

I have found a station listing elsewhere in the country that describes
one of the stations I receive (PBS-HD, broadcast on WGBH's subchannel 2
in Boston, is also broadcast via cable in Manhattan).

Is there a way to cause mythfilldatabase to grab listings from this
station?  I initially thought to make a new video source and tie PBS-HD
to it, but it looks like you can only have one videosource per tuner.

I also thought to manually use tv_get_na and tv_cat to produce a
combined listing file, then use mythfilldatabase --file, but I'd like
to avoid this work if there's a cleaner way.

Thanks for any insight.

-Doug