[mythtv-users] Schedule recordings with STB

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Thu Nov 6 14:48:48 EST 2003

Hey all,

      Well , I have come to a stand still right now in figuring out how to
get my mythtv to record channels other than what the set top box is
originally set to.  I have looked into the serial to serial connection,
which seems to work with many set top boxes.  However, my Pace 4000 STB
versions have disabled serial ports, so this option is out.

I am curious as to what complete functionality the IR remotes Via Lirc give
me.  The lirc page tells me "

 The  most  important  part of LIRC is the lircd daemon that will decode IR
 signals  received  by  the device drivers and provide the information on a
 socket.  It  will  also  accept  commands for IR signals to be sent if the
 hardware supports this. "

 Does  this  mean  that  I  can  use  Lirc  to  send  a  signal  via  an IR
 "transmitter" of some sort to change channels on my set top box so that if
 I want to record channel 4 at 5pm, it will automatically change channels?

 Has anyone done this, and would like to help a newbie out?

 Thanks
 Jon

NOTICE:     Call cMemoObject.ReplyToSender() are not the intended
recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other
use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy
this message and notify the sender.