[mythtv-users] [OT] Deinterlacing quesiton

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Thu Nov 6 05:31:24 EST 2003

I've been using mythtv to do video capture with success, however, one of
the most important features I take advantage of is the built-in
deinterlacing of video.  Otherwise, whenever the video pans, there are a
lot of jagged movements.

Now, I'm trying to use the video capture device to convert some Hi-8
home movies to mpeg so I can burn them onto DVDs.  But using streamer to
capture video results in the interlacing problem coming back.

Does anyone know of any tools to help remove the artifacts from the
video?  How does it work in mythtv?

I'm using this guide to do the converting...

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue83/stoddard.html

Thanks,
Reza