[mythtv-users] A zillion problems (LIRC, PAL, XMLTV and others) LONG

Duarte Cordeiro Duarte.Cordeiro at netcabo.pt
Thu Nov 6 05:12:08 EST 2003

Hello all,

(as always, I've already gone through the cycle "documentation, Jarod's
guide, mailing list archives, google, pray, throw the computer out the
window :P )

Setup: rh9, atrpms, pundit + pvr 350

LIRC:
After last Alex email, I sucessfuly grabbed lirc from atrpms.
[root at mythtv root]# rpm -qa | grep lirc
lirc-lib-0.7.0-pre2_16.rh9.at
lirc-kmdl-2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at-0.7.0-pre2_16.rh9.at
lirc-0.7.0-pre2_16.rh9.at

[root at mythtv root]# ls -la /dev/lir*
c---------    1 root     root      61,   0 Nov  4 23:25 /dev/lirc
srw-rw-rw-    1 root     root            0 Nov  6 08:44 /dev/lircd
[root at mythtv root]#

/etc/modules.conf have:

# for lirc
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

After:
Service lircd stop
Lircd --nodaemon
Irw

I press some keys on the remote and I don't get ANYTHING on screen, on logs,
nothing.
The remote is working because if I point it to my tv I see a led blinking in
there.

I found out in the mailing lists suggestions like:
 - deleting /dev/lirc* , uninstall every lirc package, reinstall (just
creates /dev/lircd, have to mknode /dev/lirc)
 - copying /etc/lircd.conf to /etc/lirc/lircd.conf (doesn't works for me.
Lircd wants its config on /etc)

Any help will be appreciated.

MYTHTVSETUP:
If I try to run setup, it runs ok, but I get the following messages:
[root at mythtv root]#
[root at mythtv root]# su -l mythtv
[mythtv at mythtv mythtv]$
[mythtv at mythtv mythtv]$ mythtvsetup
Would you like to clear all capture card
settings before starting configuration? [no]  y
Would you like to clear all program/channel
settings before starting configuration? [no]  y
mythtv: could not open config file
mythtv: No such file or directory
Failed to init /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc for mythtv

Is this ok ?

PAL:
I'm making a tv_grab_pt to list my channels, but I need to run
mythfilldatabase --manual to supply the channels frequencies.
I do have a piece of papper that says something like:
CNBC : C9 : 192,25Mhz
CNN : S22 : 126,25Mhz
Etc

How on earth do I translate this to info that can be feeded to MythTV ?
I tried ptune.pl -F 192250 with no luck, or ptune-ui.pl and after selecting
PAL,europe-western, I see a bunch of S and E channels, but not all that I
need (and no C channels btw).

Also, mythfilldatabase asks for some info (I'm not at home now, so I cannot
cut/paste) for every channel, and I don't have a clue on how to fill them :(

Every help will be appreciated...

And thanks for reading this :)