[mythtv-users] Alpha blending not working

Eric Thelin eric at generation-i.com
Wed Nov 5 15:47:20 EST 2003

I seem to have something wrong with my setup.  It is demonstrated by the visor
theme.  I am not seeing the alpha transparency working.  I have set myth
to use tranparent boxes.  But I am not seeing the full effect of the
tranparencies, I only see a solid edge on everything.  It seems to
understand the tranparency except that it picks a threshold and calls
everything on one side of it colored and tranparent on the other.  Kind
of like the images were converted to GIFs where there is no alpha
blending.   This makes the watch recordings screen look really bad.  I
am thinking it must be something wrong with my libpng (I have gentoo
1.2.5-r4).  I am also using QT 3.1.2 if that is relevant.  Any idea what
would cause this?

Eric