[mythtv-users] PVR-350 on slow or old machines

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Nov 5 13:19:23 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 18:28, brutt+news at bloomington.in.us wrote:
> Does anyone have a PVR-350 running well at 720x480 (NTSC) resolution
> on an old/slow machine?  I'm figure with the hardware encoding and
> decoding, it might do OK on my Celeron 433 (256 MB of RAM, Geforce2
> video card that supports XVideo extension) machine.  But the specs on
> the PVR-350 from

Windows specs on the package 400MHz of that are for the OS :-)

> So, let's hear from some PVR-350 users.  Is anyone using it on an
> older machine?

Not older, but not that much faster: ME6000 Via Eden 600MHz VLP

Cpu load while encoding and decoding 720x576 (even more than NTSC here
in PAL-land) 6% encoding and 6% decoding.

What's slowing the machine down are sql queries. I decreased the
nicelevel for mythfrontend and -backend so the video stream gets full
priority. No problem.

Torsten
--
Config files for pvr350 tv-out and framebuffer:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/ivtv-pvr-350-conf.tgz