[mythtv-users] Really small backend server (Pentium 200)

John Marrett johnf at dsl.ca
Wed Nov 5 11:10:01 EST 2003

> If by 'LiveTV' you mean watching the stream on the frontend as it's
> being recorded by the backend, then it really only depends on your
> frontend being able to play back the stream.

By LiveTV I mean watching TV on the front end, being able to change
channels and pause, rewind, fast forward, etc...
> But, why go this way at all?  You could just as easily put a PVR-250 &
> the hard drive directly into the Epia frontend, and ditch the P-200.

Because a network booted EPIA ME6000 with the appropriate power supply and
no local hard drive has no moving parts or fans, as such it is
_completely_ silent.
The server can make all the noise it wants, it's in another room.

-JohnF