[mythtv-users] Re: Problem with apt-get install mythtv-suite

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 4 11:53:51 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:33:42AM -0500, James P Hanley wrote:
> I'm attempting to install mythtv (0.12) and I am getting stuck right about
> here:
>
> [root at lava root]# apt-get install mythtv-suite
> [...]
>   mythtv-suite: Depends: mythtv (>= 0.12) but it is not going to be installed
>                 Depends: mythtv-backend (>= 0.12) but it is not going to
> be installed
>                 Depends: mythtv-frontend (>= 0.12) but it is not going to
> be installed
>                 Depends: mythmusic (>= 0.12) but it is not going to be
> installed
>[...]

I cannot reproduce this, could you please try getting more debug
output with

apt-get -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=true install mythtv-suite

Alternatively you can try installing the components one by one.
E.g. like

apt-get install mythtv-backend

It will still fail, but it will reveal deeper dependency conflicts. It
looks like libmyth will have some unsatifyable dependency.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de