[mythtv-users] Re: Some channels are scrambled

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 11:20:49 EST 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 00:23, Keola wrote:
> OK, this problem is much different than I originally thought.  MythTV
> and my PVR-350 and/or PVR-250 don't always display the proper
> channel.  For example, local channels such as 004/NBC record fine...
> but cable channel 098/SpikeTV actually records 001/TBS instead.  Same
> problems when viewing Live TV.  So it's possible that the scrambled
> channels I saw earlier were just PPV channels that were improperly
> tuned.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Keola

Well, it sounds like you either have the wrong provider code selected
(hence the wrong guide data), or the wrong cable frequency table.  If
you go into the EPG, does the guide data look correct?  If not, that's
part of your problem.  Re-run the backend setup program and answer
'yes' to the 2nd question (about clearing program/channel configs).  Go
to 'Video Sources' and make sure you select the correct provider, and
the correct cable frequency table (for instance, most U.S. folks want
'us-cable').  Even if your guide data looks correct, you might still
have the wrong frequency table selected.  Test it out with xawtv to see
which is the correct frequency table for you.

-JAC